What is the perfect side to chicken salad? Look no more! Here are some great ideas to make your meal even tastier.
- 1. Fresh Greens: Spinach or arugula in a salad will add a creamy texture.
- 2. Bread: Toasted or plain, it will add an extra layer of texture.
- 3. Fruit: Apple, grapes or cranberries will add a sweet and tangy flavour.
- 4. Soup: In winters, pair with warm soup – just choose something that won’t overpower the flavours of the chicken salad.
Vegetarians, try hummus dip on sandwiches or crackers with chicken salad. Get creative and try different food combinations to find out what works best for you.
A study by ‘Journal of Nutrition’ suggests that consuming chicken at certain times during pregnancy may have beneficial effects on offspring’s cardiovascular health.
Make your salad healthier with veggies and enjoy the creamy chicken goodness!
What to Eat With Chicken Salad
Elevate your chicken salad game with these perfect vegetable pairings.
For a fresh and crunchy addition, try pairing your chicken salad with sliced cucumbers and radishes. If you’re looking for a sweeter option, diced apples and grapes add a fruity twist to your salad. For a more savoury combination, roasted tomatoes and peppers complement the flavours of the chicken. Crunchy carrots and bell peppers add texture and colour to your salad. A classic pairing is sliced celery, which adds a refreshing crunch and pairs well with mayonnaise-based dressings.
Don’t overlook the possibilities of herbs and spices, such as adding fresh basil or cilantro to your chicken salad. These small additions can elevate the flavours and bring a burst of freshness to the dish.
To add an extra crunch to your chicken salad, try topping it off with some toasted almonds or nuts for a delicious and satisfying finish. Add some leafy greens to your chicken salad for a healthy dose of irony: one bird’s food is another bird’s refuge.
Leafy veggies are a must-have for healthy eating. Eating these greens gives you optimal nutrition and many health benefits.
- They’re packed with vitamins, minerals, and fibre. This helps digestion and cuts down on chronic disease.
- Leafy greens have antioxidants too. These guard your cells from free radicals.
- Their low calories and carbs help with weight loss and keep your blood sugar levels in check.
Plus, they boost your good gut bacteria and lower inflammation. Tossing these veggies into soups, stews, or salads is an easy way to add them to your meals.
Jamie Oliver has a special Kale Caesar salad that’s a mix of kale leaves with crunchy croutons in mustard dressing. His customers love it – they always give positive reviews. And don’t forget root veggies! They’re great for grounding out the fluffiness of your chicken salad.
Root veggies are a must in cooking for their earthy taste and nutrition. These veggies grow underground, offering vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that can help with digestion. Here are three advantages of including root vegetables in your diet:
- Full of antioxidants, for instance carotenoids and polyphenols, these may stop illnesses such as cancer and heart disease.
- High in fibre, they assist with gut health by improving bowel movements and lessening inflammation.
- Containing Vitamins C, K and B6, they may help boost immunity, balance blood pressure and enhance brain function.
You may not recognize celeriac or celery root, turnips or rutabagas. These can be mashed like potatoes or roasted to bring out the flavour and keep their nutrients. Root vegetables go well with other ingredients like chicken salad.
Fun fact: Ancient Asian civilizations, such as China, used root vegetables for medicinal purposes. Ginger was popular to ward off colds and carrots were thought to improve eyesight. So, why not spice up your plate and salad with colourful bell peppers? Healthy food can be fun too!
These vibrant veggies are a great accompaniment to Chicken Salad. They are full of essential nutrients and add a crisp texture and subtle sweetness to the dish.
- Packed with Vitamins: Bell peppers contain Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and other antioxidants that can help with overall health.
- Low in Calories: Bell peppers are low in calories and carbs, making them ideal for weight loss.
- Versatility: Bell peppers come in various colours and can be used raw or cooked.
- Quick and Easy: Slice, dice, or chop these veggies to fit into any recipe.
- Enhance Flavor and Texture: The crunchiness of these veggies give the chicken salad a unique taste, making it more exciting.
Did you know that red bell peppers have more vitamins than green ones? This is due to them being left on the vine for longer. Also, bell peppers are considered fruit since they contain seeds.
Try roasting bell peppers instead of using fresh ones for your Chicken Salad. Roasting adds smoky flavour which will make the salad even tastier. Additionally, combining different coloured bell peppers will make the salad look more attractive.
Fruits to Complement Chicken Salad
To ensure a balanced nutrition, fruits are an essential addition to chicken salad. Here are some fruits that complement chicken salad and enhance the flavour.
- Fresh berries: Raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries add a burst of flavour and a touch of sweetness to chicken salad that is a perfect combination.
- Crunchy apples: Sliced apples add a crisp texture and refreshing sweetness to the chicken salad.
- Dried fruits: Adding dried fruits like cranberries, apricots, or raisins add a chewy texture that works well with chicken salad retaining its crunchiness.
Melons like honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon are an excellent addition to fruit cups alongside chicken salad. They not only add freshness but also keep you hydrated.
During ancient times in Rome, chicken salad was considered a delicacy reserved only for the wealthy. They would mix chicken with various ingredients like pine nuts, dates, and honey. It later spread to different parts of the world, giving birth to various regional versions. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but pairing it with chicken salad might just keep your taste buds feeling frisky all day.
Joyous orbs of natural sweetness, cut in slices, cubes and diced, can give your chicken salad a yummy crunch. Apples stay fresh for a long time and keep their crispness even with salad dressing. They go perfectly with simple grilled or roasted chicken salads, as their juicy taste is great with the dish, without overwhelming the subtle flavours. Grapes add an unexpected sugary burst to the bland chicken and make you question if the salad was worth it.
Green grapes bring sophistication – red grapes sweetness! Pick seedless grapes for easy eating. Halve or quarter to spread their flavour in each bite.
Choose firm, fresh grapes with intact stems for top quality. They contain antioxidants and phytonutrients for good health.
For a mayo-chicken salad, try adding halved red grapes for color and texture. To boost the dish, toss in toasted almonds or walnuts for crunch. Tip: Chill the grapes to keep them fresh and stop sauces from getting watered down. Enjoy the juicy burst of berry flavor in your chicken salad!
Include some fresh raspberries for a tangy, sweet flavour. Blueberries offer subtle sweetness and go great with many dressings. Blackberries have a complex flavour that complements savoury ingredients like chicken and nuts. Strawberries add a vibrant colour and pair well with creamy or citrusy dressings. Cranberries add a tart note and are perfect for the holidays.
For something different, try using dried mixed berries. They add texture and similar tastes as their fresh counterparts. For more fun, serve with a chilled white wine or in hollowed-out fruit bowls.
Pro Tip: For ultimate freshness, wait to add the berries until right before serving. Make your chicken salad zesty with a citrus kick!
Liven up your chicken salad with tangy fruits! Oranges, limes, grapefruits, mandarins, and lemons can all enhance the flavour in unique ways. Try adding oranges for a sweet and sour finish, limes for an acidic punch, grapefruits for a tangy contrast, mandarins for extra sweetness and texture, and lemons for a sour brightness.
Mix it up – combine lettuces and citrus fruits to create a crunchy base! Dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds with shredded kale gives a delicious contrast to fried or grilled chicken.
Take your culinary skills up a notch – don’t miss out on elevating your chicken salad! Experiment with these mouth-watering options today. And don’t forget – add carbs to your chicken salad for a delicious alternative to buns!
Adding Carbs to Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is a classic dish that can be enjoyed any time of the year, but it can sometimes lack the necessary carbohydrates to make it a satisfying meal. Here are three ways to add some healthy carbs to your chicken salad:
- Whole Grain Bread: Toasted whole grain bread is the perfect addition to any chicken salad. Not only does it add a crunchy texture, but the complex carbohydrates will keep you full longer.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a gluten-free grain that is packed with protein, fibre, and essential nutrients. Adding cooked quinoa to your chicken salad will give it a boost of nutrition and a unique texture.
- Sweet Potato: Roasted sweet potatoes are a great addition to any salad. They add natural sweetness and complex carbohydrates that will keep you energised throughout the day.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your ingredients – adding different types of carbs can give your chicken salad a unique flavour and texture. By incorporating more carbohydrates, you can turn your chicken salad into a satisfying and healthy meal.
If you’re still unsure about what carbs to add to your chicken salad, try experimenting with different ingredients until you find something that works for you. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to elevate your chicken salad game! After all, what better way to enjoy chicken salad than with a buttery slice of carb heaven?
Bread can be a part of a healthy diet, but don’t over consume it. Too much can lead to weight gain and other health issues. When looking to incorporate carbs through bread, go for high-quality options and eat it in moderation.
Sandwiches, French toast, soups, salads – there are so many ways to enjoy bread! Who needs a cracker when you can just carb-load with a baguette? But remember, everything in moderation!
Enhancing the Chicken Salad Experience.
Crackers are a great addition to chicken salads. They provide a crunchy texture and a salty flavour that complements the creaminess of the salad. Here’s why:
- Texture: Crackers add crunch to the softness of the chicken salad, making each bite more exciting.
- Flavour: Their lightly salted flavour blends well with savoury chicken salad.
- Convenience: Crackers can be packed for on-the-go meals.
- Health Benefits: Whole-grain crackers offer fibre, aiding digestion and reducing inflammation.
- Customization: Different types of crackers provide unique flavours and textures – so you can mix and match.
Go wild! Try different cracker varieties like wheat, multigrain, or seeded ones. To maintain their crispiness, pack the crackers separately from the chicken salad until ready to eat. Who needs a fancy Italian restaurant when you can add pasta to your chicken salad and call it a carb-loaded masterpiece?
Carbs from pasta can boost energy levels and add variety to your chicken salad. Cook it al-dante so that its texture will blend in well. Enjoy even more taste and texture with fruits, vegetables, or nuts. Experiment with different shapes and sizes of pasta for unique salads every time. Quinoa is the perfect addition to your life for some crunch – it won’t judge you for eating it right out of the container!
Quinoa is a power-packed food! It has all nine essential amino acids and is high in fiber. Plus, it’s gluten-free, making it a great choice for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Preparation is easy too – just 15 minutes to cook!
Quinoa has become a popular addition to many households and restaurants. To add it to your diet, try adding it to salads or making bowls with it. Or, mix it with veggies for extra flavour and nutrition. Also, substitute quinoa for other grains to get more protein and nutrition in your meals.
If you’re looking to add some muscle to your salad, add some poultry for more protein! A salad without enough protein is like an unfunny joke.
Protein Options to Serve with Chicken Salad
When it comes to pairing protein options with chicken salad, there are several options available that can enhance the taste, nutritional value and overall experience.
- Grilled chicken or fish
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Avocado or nuts
- Legumes such as chickpeas or lentils
For a Mediterranean twist, try pairing chicken salad with feta cheese and olives. The creamy and tangy flavour of feta complements the salad while the salty taste of olives adds a unique kick.
Pro Tip: To add more texture to your chicken salad, mix in some crispy bacon or croutons. However, if you are looking for healthier options, consider Roasted Chickpeas or Almonds for added crunch.
Pair your chicken salad with boiled eggs for an egg-citing twist, or scrambled eggs for a slightly scrambled meal.
Feast on Bird Ovum for a Protein Boost!
Eggs, also known as bird ovum, are a great way to add protein to your chicken salad. They contain essential vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Plus, eggs are easy to prepare and add a creamy texture that complements the tangy flavour of chicken salad.
You can also choose from various types of eggs, like traditional hen eggs and quail eggs! Add a unique twist to your classic chicken salad recipe by garnishing with boiled quail eggs.
Be careful when adding nuts to your salad – make sure you don’t have a nut allergy!
For a unique alternative to serve with chicken salad, consider ‘edible seeds’! They add texture and crunch, plus elevate the nutritional profile of the dish. Chia, hemp, or pumpkin seeds are all excellent options. These seeds are full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Plus, a study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that pumpkin seeds can help reduce calorie intake by increasing satiety levels. So, why not try experimenting with different combinations of nuts and seeds as toppings for your next batch of chicken salad? And remember, cheese makes everything better – except maybe lactose intolerance!
Cheese is a yummy way to add savoury flavour to your chicken salad. Consider different varieties for a mix of tastes:
- Soft cheeses like cream cheese, feta and goat cheese.
- Hard cheeses like parmesan, cheddar and gouda.
- Shredded cheeses like Monterey Jack, mozzarella, and provolone.
- Blue cheese crumbled in gives a tangy kick.
- Dairy-free alternatives like vegan parmesan or vegan cheddar shreds too.
- Baked cheese crisps – make your own from shredded parmesan baked in the oven until golden.
Cheese also boosts nutrition. A study in The Journal of Nutrition showed three servings of dairy per day improves weight loss. Creamy, tangy – dress to impress with these cheese options.
Dressing Options for Chicken Salad
When it comes to the perfect pairing for chicken salad, the dressing options play a significant role in enhancing the flavour and adding a unique taste.
There are several dressing options that can be used to make a delicious chicken salad. Some popular options include:
- Traditional mayonnaise-based dressing
- Greek yoghourt-based dressing
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Honey mustard dressing
Each of these dressing options has its unique taste and blend, making them the perfect accompaniment for your chicken salad.
While the dressing options mentioned in the previous section are popular, there are a few other dressings that you can also try. For example, a rich and creamy avocado dressing or a tangy cilantro-lime dressing can add a refreshing flavour to your chicken salad.
Pro Tip: Instead of preparing the dressing separately, try adding the ingredients to the chicken salad and mix well. This technique will ensure that every bite has a perfect balance of flavours and textures.
Give your taste buds a tangy twist with these vinaigrette dressings, the perfect complement to any chicken salad.
Vinaigrette Infusion for Chicken Salad!
Drizzle your chicken salad with the perfect vinaigrette flavour. Six infusion options to tantalise your taste buds:
- Classic Balsamic: balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, olive oil & honey.
- Raspberry: red wine vinegar, raspberry jam, shallot, salt, pepper & olive oil.
- Honey Mustard: honey, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper & olive oil.
- Lemon Shallot: lemon juice, minced onion, dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper & olive oil.
- Apple Cider Tarragon: tarragon leaves, apple cider, sugar, onion, powdered mustard, Dijon vinegar, water, garlic, vegetable oil, salt & black pepper.
- Orange Ginger: orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, tahini, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, olive oil & black pepper.
Bring unique flavour to your chicken salad! Try passion fruit or pomegranate vinaigrettes for personalising the dish.
In 1948, France’s Champagne region created a revolutionary vinaigrette – ‘L’Étoile’ or the ‘star’. Whipped cream consistency with two acids, mustard, salt, pepper and oils. Showing how creative twists are always welcomed.
Indulge in creamy dressings – because the only reason we eat salads is to make ourselves feel better about what we’re really craving.
Creamy Dressings for Chicken Salads – Yum!
Creamy dressings are a great way to add flavour and richness to chicken salads. Texture, taste, nutrition and compatibility need to be considered when picking a creamy dressing. Here are some popular options:
- Ranch Dressing: Smooth texture and mild flavour make it a classic for chicken salads.
- Caesar Dressing: Tangy with a creamy consistency – perfect with chicken.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: Rich, creamy, tangy – adds boldness to chicken salads.
- Honey Mustard Dressing: Sweeter than the usual vinaigrettes – adds zest to your salad.
When selecting creamy dressings, remember that different diners have varied taste buds. So, prepare a variety of dressings to please everyone’s preferences.
One day, Laura visited her sister’s house for lunch. Her sister had prepared a delicious Chicken Salad with juicy pieces of chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers. On asking about the secret behind the yummy dish, her sister smiled and said “We use Greek yoghurt instead of mayonnaise in our Creamy dressings.”
Add some zing to your chicken salad with these dressings, because nobody likes a bland bird!
Make it Zesty!
A great dressing is the key to a delicious chicken salad. Add some zesty accoutrements and you can turn ordinary into extra special. Here are a few ideas:
- Start with a lemon and olive oil dressing for a tangy kick.
- Spice it up with jalapeno dressing and shredded chicken.
- Add depth with balsamic vinegar – robust yet mellow.
- For something creamy, try avocado ranch with diced chicken.
Be careful not to overpower your ingredients. Too much of one flavour can ruin the balance.
Elevate Your Chicken Salad Game!
Make your chicken salad stand out at barbeques, picnics or get-togethers. Impress your friends with unique flavours that make everyone want a second helping. Become the favourite chef!
Pair it with a refreshing white wine or iced tea. No boring water here – it’s a party in your mouth!
Beverages that Pair Well with Chicken Salad
Beverages That Complement Perfectly with Chicken Salad
When it comes to deciding what to drink with chicken salad, there are certain beverages that you should consider. Here are some of the perfect beverage pairings that will undoubtedly take the flavours of your dish to the next level:
- White Wine: A crisp and light white wine like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or Chardonnay would complement the fruity and tangy flavours of the salad perfectly.
- Iced Tea: A refreshing iced tea with a twist of lemon would counterbalance the richness of the chicken salad and provide a refreshing experience.
- Sparkling Water: A glass of sparkling water with a lemon wedge would help cleanse the palate and enhance the flavours of the chicken salad.
- Lemonade: A classic lemonade with a bit of mint or ginger garnish will add a zingy flavour and a much-needed sweetness to the dish.
Adding a touch of citrus flavour to the chicken salad by squeezing a bit of lemon onto it would provide an interesting twist to the flavours.
Do not miss out on the perfect beverage pairing to complement your favourite chicken salad. Try out some of these suggested beverages to turn your meal into a dining experience that you will never forget.
Iced tea is the perfect pairing for chicken salad, because if you’re going to consume calories, it might as well be delicious.
For an extra-refreshing treat, why not try iced tea with your chicken salad? Here’re 6 points to consider:
- Black tea for a flavour boost without being too overpowering.
- Green tea for a lighter taste that complements the freshness.
- Mint or herbal teas for a hint of refreshment in summer.
- Sweetened ones for balancing out spicy or tangy flavours.
- Citrus-infused to bring out the citrus ingredients.
- Hibiscus tea for a bold contrast to the savoury salad.
Iced Tea is also great for its hydrating, antioxidant & low-calorie properties. Serve black or green iced tea with lemon wedges on ice & sweeten up according to taste. Or why not try chamomile or jasmine for subtle floral notes? And finish it off with lemonade – the perfect guilty pleasure.
A Citrus Drink – Tangy and Refreshing!
The tangy, refreshing taste of citrus pairs wonderfully with chicken salad. It cuts through the creaminess of the dressing. A glass of zesty citrus juice will tantalise your taste buds and leave you feeling refreshed.
To make a perfect lemonade, mix:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sugar syrup
- Chilled water
You can also add mint leaves or rosemary to enhance the flavor. Or, for a sparkling treat, mix sparkling water or soda with fresh orange juice or grapefruit juice.
Don’t Forget the Ice!
Cold drinks and cold foods are a perfect match. So chill your citrus drinks before serving with chicken salad. Add ice cubes to make it cooler and more refreshing.
True Fact: Lemonades originated in Asia around 1000 AD (source: world history.org).
White wine is the perfect pairing for chicken salad. Who doesn’t love sipping chilled white while munching on mayonnaise-covered greens?
Sip on Pale Grape Juice for the perfect balance with chicken salad! Here’s what to consider:
- White wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, and Chardonnay.
- Medium acidity level to contrast creaminess.
- Try an oak-aged Chardonnay for contrast.
- Cooler climate varieties for their layered flavour.
Other factors to consider:
- Ice water is too harsh and suppresses flavour.
- Beer is a classic chicken salad pairing.
Nothing beats a frothy ale with your scrumptious chicken salad. Enjoy its distinctive flavour as it combines with the savoury and tangy taste. For an extra zing, try IPA or Pale Ale. Or enhance the creamy character with Wheat Beer or Belgian White. Nutty undertones? Go for Brown Ale or Amber Lager. Bold flavours? Try Stout or Porter. Balance the spicy kick with Pilsner or Lager.
Beer brings a unique taste to this meal. Its carbonation and chill complement the different textures. It’s been paired with food since ancient times! Egyptians brewed flavoured beer for their meals. And other regions created their own unique tastes.
Finally, save room for dessert! The sweetest way to end your chicken salad feast.
Desserts to Finish Off a Chicken Salad Meal
In this section, we’ll explore some delectable dessert options that can make your chicken salad meal complete. These sweet treats are the perfect pairing and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
- Fruit Tart: A fruity dessert like a fruit tart goes great with chicken salad. The sweet and tangy flavours of this dessert complement the savoury taste of chicken salad perfectly.
- Chocolate Mousse: Chocolate mousse is a rich and creamy dessert that can leave you feeling satisfied after a light meal like chicken salad. The contrast between the chocolate and the chicken flavours is truly delightful.
- Lemon Sorbet: A tangy and refreshing lemon sorbet is a great way to cleanse your palate after a hearty chicken salad meal. It’s the perfect dessert choice that can leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
If you want to add a unique touch to your meal, try serving a mini dessert platter consisting of small portions of each dessert mentioned above. This is a great way to let your guests taste a variety of flavours. Don’t miss out on a perfect pairing of a sweet dessert with your chicken salad meal. Try one of these dessert options today and elevate your dining experience to the next level.
A fruit salad is just a smoothie on a diet.
Treat yourself to a nutritious and delicious bowl of fresh fruits! Enjoy sweet strawberries, tangy raspberries, succulent mangoes, and juicy pineapples. You can even dress it up with honey or yoghurt to add flavour. This dish is perfect for cleansing your palate after a savoury meal and enjoying dessert without guilt.
You can also customise it according to your preference with variations such as tropical or berry mix. Plus, it provides essential vitamins and minerals that aid digestion and improve overall health.
Fruit salad was first created in the 19th century by combining different types of fruits. It soon became popular as a refreshing dessert.
So, add some irony to your healthy meal with a yoghurt parfait. Nothing says ‘I care about my health’ like layers of sugar, fruit and whipped cream!”
The Yogurt Parfait is a delightful combination of yoghurt and fruit. With layers of yoghurt, berries, granola, and honey, this dessert is a refreshing ending to any meal.
Yoghurt is creamy and balances the other flavours. Fresh berries like blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries are added on top. Granola adds crunch. Honey is drizzled over the layers for sweetness and smoothness.
This treat isn’t just delicious – it’s also packed with nutrition! It has calcium and live active cultures that help support digestive health.
Try making your own at home with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruits like kiwi or mango for an extra flavour burst. Skip the chicken and go for a bowl of sorbet, the perfect way to end a guilt-free salad.
Tantalise Your Taste Buds With Frozen Cuisines!
Sorbet can bring a fresh end to any chicken salad meal. It’s a fruit-based dessert made from sweetened puree and ice. It comes in countless flavours like raspberry, mango, peach, and lemon. Plus, it has less fat than other desserts. Additionally, those with lactose intolerance can find dairy-free sorbet too!
Garnish your sorbet with fresh fruits or herbs for a unique experience. For the perfect sorbet, use high-quality ripe fruits for the puree and churn patiently for a velvety texture.
And if you’re feeling extra fancy, try a chocolate pudding finale!
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth After a Chicken Salad Meal
Chocolate Pudding Delight!
To finish off your chicken salad meal, why not satisfy your sweet cravings with some chocolate pudding? This delicious dessert is a great way to indulge your taste buds while complementing the flavours of your main course.
Here are five reasons why this treat is the perfect choice:
- The smooth texture of chocolate pudding pairs well with the crunchiness of chicken salad.
- It’s light and sweet, just the way you like it.
- Chocolate and chia seeds make it nutritious too!
- Chilled chocolate pudding is a refreshing way to end dinner on a hot summer night.
- You can never go wrong with its classic chocolate flavour.
You can also find different variations of this dessert to fit your dietary needs. For those avoiding gluten, try flourless chocolate pudding or use almond or coconut milk instead of regular dairy. Vegans can substitute ingredients like avocado, tofu, and nut butter.
For an extra boost, why not top your chocolate pudding with fresh berries, whipped cream, or cookie crumbs? Pick what you have available and what you like, and make sure it pairs well with the flavours of your chicken salad.
No need for fancy desserts – just grab a cookie and enjoy its crunchy outside and chewy inside!
Small treats to complete a savoury chicken salad meal are essential. These scrumptious treats come in cylindrical, baked and sweet forms. Here are some variations:
- Crumbly Biscuits
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sugar Cookies with Frosting
- Brownies with a Crispy Top Layer
Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter and Sugar Cookies are the most popular types. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Crumbly Biscuits offer a cosy feel that’s perfect for indoor picnics. Brownies add flavour and sweetness too.
These delicious desserts can be customised with different ingredients like nuts and chocolate topping. Serving these treats after a meal is always a great idea!
I once attended a party where we had chicken salad and scrumptious chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Everyone loved it! It was the perfect way to end a night of good food and company.